Thursday, February 14, 2013

Blues snap out of it in Detroit

AP Photo/Carlos Osorio


DETROIT • After Jake Allen surrendered his second goal Wednesday night against the Detroit Red Wings, the Blues’ rookie netminder, making his first NHL start, went for his water bottle.

For the second time in a week, the last time in relief, Allen gave up a goal on the first shot he faced. The Blues then fell in a 2-0 hole for the fifth time in their last six games when Allen let one squeak in on the sixth shot he faced.

“It was not the way you want to start it, first shot again, but after the second one, I just took a drink of water,” Allen said. “I think that’s the biggest thing I’ve learned over the last three years, just keep your head in the game … you’re in pro hockey. We needed this one, so I just told myself battle it out and give the guys a chance.”

For more on this story:
Blues snap out of it in Detroit : Sports

No comments:

Post a Comment