Monday, January 7, 2013

Blues primed to sprint into condensed season

Photo by Chris Lee


When the tentative end of the NHL lockout finally came, Blues players who had made multiple trips to New York to participate in negotiations, and followed every twist and turn, weren’t able to rejoice.

They were sleeping early Sunday.

“I woke up to maybe six or seven texts saying it was done,” Blues captain David Backes said. “Then I looked at the time and it was 4:30 in the morning and I thought to myself that it was 5:30 (in New York). I was wondering what the (heck) they were still doing there. Apparently, it just took some sleep deprivation getting the two sides together. I’m happy to be back, but I think it’s still a little surreal.”

For more on this story:
Blues primed to sprint into condensed season : Stltoday

No comments:

Post a Comment